At MotherWise we are committed to empowering women and their families to thrive. We recognize there are many individuals with small businesses and support their efforts to grow their customer base and become successful entrepreneurs. Unfortunately, due to liability issues, we are unable to endorse or promote specific businesses and have established a policy related to the buying and selling of goods and services from a participant or staff member associated with the MotherWise program. This policy also includes staff attendance at personal events.
Per this policy:
· Staff members may not attend any personal event invited by a participant (ex: baby showers, graduations, weddings, etc.)
· Participants may not not sell or buy any items (ex: food, personal items from a small business, etc.) directly from participants
MotherWise can still help provide support and resources as a part of our program. Please speak to your Family Support Coordinator if you have any questions, concerns, or would like more information about this policy.
*MotherWise reserves the right to make exceptions to the above policy
At MotherWise we are committed to protecting the safety, health, and well-being of our staff and participants. To uphold this ideal, we have established a zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy.
It is a violation of our policy to:
· Possess, use, or be under the influence of drugs or alcohol while on MotherWise premises.
· Sell, buy, transfer or distribute drugs or drug paraphernalia while on MotherWise premises.
If there is suspicion, or you are found to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol, the following procedure will be followed:
· You will be sent home immediately.
· You will not receive payment for the class you attended.
· If your child(ren) are present, CPS will be called and notified.
MotherWise can provide support and resources, if necessary. Please speak to your Family Support Coordinator if you have any questions, concerns, or would like more information about substance abuse.